Clerihan Text Alert Guidelines.
- If you see something suspicious, strange van or car, strangers on foot etc ring the Gardai at the Text Alert Number 052- 6177640
- Inform the Garda you speak to that you are ringing from the Clerihan Community Text Alert group (so the Gardai know which group they need to send the text to if warranted).
- Give as much detail as possible to the Garda you speak to, including location of suspicious activity, van or car type, colour and registration if noted or number of individuals and how they were dressed if no car or van involved.
- Get the Garda’s name so that you can check back later if no text issues and the Garda has not contacted you to inform you why no text issued. Note: In most cases where text does not issue it is because the Gardai have identified owner of the car or van and are satisfied that there is no cause for concern.
- Keep safe and alert at all times.
Text Alert Terminology: Due to constraints on number of characters that can be used in texts the following truncated terminology can sometimes be used when issuing alerts.
|4||The number 4 of the word “for”||info||information|
|2||The number 2 of the word “to”||klo||Keep a lookout|
|aka||also known as||pls||please|
|asap||as soon as possible||ppl||people|
|btw||by the way||sum1||someone|
|eta||estimated time of arrival||thr4||therefore|
|etd||estimated time of departure||u||you|
|fyi||for your information||wknd||weekend|